Vegreville Composite offers programming to students from grades 7 - 12 with a school population of 350 students. Our attendance area includes students from Vegreville, Andrew and Mundare as well as rural areas including the Counties of Minburn, Lamont, Beaver and Two Hills.
We are pleased to offer a wide variety of CTS courses including Cosmetology, Construction, Automotive Mechanics, Culinary Food Preparation, Communication Technologies, Business Education and Sports Performance. The Culinary Food Preparation classes allow us to simulate the food services industry by operating a full-service cafeteria that provides a wide array of foods each day to students, staff and visitors. In Junior High, students have daily Physical Education. Teachers utilize our gymnasium and other sports and recreation facilities to support the curriculum and give variety to the program.
Vegreville Composite is located on the eastern edge of Elk Island Public School District. Due to our location, school population and student needs, we offer a wide array of programs including:
- Regular academic programming
- Extra-curricular athletic programs include; cross country running, golf, volleyball, basketball, badminton, curling, football, and track and field
- Knowledge and Employability classes
- LINKS (Learning, Individual Needs, Knowledge and Skills) Program grade 7-12
- CTS courses in Cosmetology, Culinary Food Preparation, Automotives, Construction, Communication Technology, Design, Sports Performance and Athletic Leadership.
- Off-campus education including Green Certificate, Registered Apprenticeship, and Work Experience
- Fine Arts including; Art, Band and Drama for junior and senior high
- Independent Study